Ezinqoleni Bulk Water
Project Start Date: April 2006
Project End Date: December 2011
Phases 2 and 3 of the Ezinqoleni Bulk Water Supply Scheme was for the upgrading of the bulk infrastructure to be able to supply the demand at Ezinqoleni estimated at 7.9Ml/day. The following infrastructure was constructed and commissioned:
- 4Ml Ezinqoleni Reservoir,
- 2Ml Nodalane Reservoir and Pumpstation civil works
- Mechanical and electrical equipment for Hanover, Florida and Nodalane Pumpstations,
- Upgrade of 2.5km x 300mm diameter uPVC rising main (of the total 14km rising main to Ezinqoleni) from Hanover to Florida.
- 42 km of 63mm-110mm diameter reticulation pipelines in Bandlane and Dlovinga.
Beneficiaries: The population that benefited is 54 430