Nyavini Water Supply Scheme
Project Start Date: June 2005
Project End Date: June 2014
ZIYANDA Consulting cc was appointed to provide consulting services for the entire bulk water supply and reticulation infrastructure for a rural community in KwaZulu Natal. ZIYANDA Consulting’s brief included the following:
- Assessments of existing bulk and reticulation infrastructure (condition and capacity) delivering up to 8Ml/day;
- Design and implementation of bulk and reticulation infrastructure to provide full water supply coverage.
The project resulted in the implementation of the following infrastructure:
- 18km of pumping main of diameter 150mm
- 2 No. Pumpstations delivering approximately 60l/second of water
- Over 25km of reticulation pipelines
- 5Ml storage reservoir
- Ancillary works
Project Phase (about 70%) have been completed successfully and commissioned. The remainder are under phased implementation.